Open to Business
Small businesses are the backbone of our economy—they create resilient economies; do better at retaining employees; and invest at higher percentages back into the community. Therefore, supporting these businesses are vital to the health of our community!
The Open to Business program is a free program for current and prospective businesses, and it is open to any business or resident of Cologne. The experienced consultants of the Open to Business program help entrepreneurs access both technical assistance and financing to start their own business or grow an existing business.
Open to Business is a one-on-one, confidential program helping entrepreneurs and small business through a variety services including:
Advising and Technical Assistance
- Business and strategic planning
- Marketing and communications planning
- Financial assessment
- Regulatory, tax, licensing and accounting training
- And many others
Access to Capital
- Loan packaging/facilitation
- Loans for new and emerging businesses
- Loans for second stage and growing businesses
- Gap financing for real estate
- Acquisition financing for real estate
For more information visit the Open to Business website or contact Lee Hall, Business Advisor, 612-843-3263.
Learn more about local entrepreneur Stacey Horton and how she used the Open to Business program to grow her business—Quilting Grounds.