The Public Works Department currently consists of 3 full-time employees and additional seasonal employees during the summer. Public Services maintains streets, equipment, grounds, parks, storm sewer, city buildings, water, and sewer.
The department is located at 304 Louis St W, Cologne, MN 55322 (next to the fire station). The Public Services Department employee hours are generally from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. but there is a fluctuation from winter to summer hours. They may be reached at 952-466-5601 or at the following e-mail addresses:
If you are experiencing a sewer/water emergency please dial the after hours emergency number.
After Hours Emergency Number: (952) 361-1231 – Sheriff’s Dept non-emergency
REPORT A CONCERN:
If you have a concern regarding the city’s streets or utilities, chances are the Public Works Department can help. Please contact the department at 952-466-5601 or email Public Works to report any of the following:
- Street sign is down, damaged or missing
- Street light is out
- A pothole needs to be fixed
- Water drainage problems
- Questions about snow plowing procedures
- Sidewalk is in need of repair
- Visual obstructions in the right of way, which pose safety concerns for motorists entering an intersection
- Questions about the maintenance of our parks system