The Cologne Fire & Rescue Department is looking to add to its membership. Cologne Fire & Rescue Department saves and protects life, property and the environment at emergencies. In addition, provides the residents of Cologne and surrounding townships emergency medical services and community outreach which includes but not limited to fire prevention education, hazardous materials response, confined space & collapse rescue and water rescue.
In 2017 Cologne Fire & Rescue Department responded to 111 incidents in the community and surrounding communities for aide. We are looking to recruit in paid, on-call, personal meeting minimum qualifications for the position include:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- be over 19 years of age
- Hold a valid Minnesota State Driver’s License
- Complete a criminal background check
- Complete a physical examination
- Candidate must live in Cologne Fire & Rescue Department’s protection area or employed within city limits with employer’s written permission to respond.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, carrying out his/her responsibilities and provide good communications in calm, positive, friendly, courteous and professional manner under stressful emergency conditions in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
After completing the application and interview process recruits can expect the following:
- Probationary period of a minimum of 12 months to a maximum of 30 months.
- Become a member of Cologne Fire & Rescue Relief Association.
- NFPA 1001 certification in NIMs, Fire I, HasMat Ops, and Fire II.
- Emergency medical training at either an EMR (40 hours training) or EMT (110 hours training) level.
- Complete hepatitis B vaccinations or agree to sign an annual refusal form
- Emergency Vehicle Operations training.
Ongoing expectations include but not limited to:
- Must meet a minimum call response percentage of 25%.
- Must meet a minimum work detail percentage of 66%.
- Must be responsible for participating in continued firefighter and emergency medical education, meeting a minimum training percentage of 66%.
- Unique opportunities for community service and both inter and intra-department volunteering.
Compensation Package includes:
- Per hour pay for response to calls and trainings.
- Pension Plan as a member of Cologne Fire & Rescue Relief Association.
- Workers compensation and life insurance in the line of duty.
Applications can be dropped off in person at City Hall, mailed to PO BOX 120, Cologne, MN 55322, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org