Need help paying your energy bills?

xcel-energy-logoIf you need assistance paying your energy bills or with weatherizing your home or apartment, there are resources available that can help.  Call the Scott-Carver-Dakota Community Action Agency at 651-322-3500 for more information.  You can also contact the Minnesota State Energy Assistance office at 1-800-657-3710 to find additional local assistance.

Xcel Energy Electricity Discount

When you receive energy assistance and if you are 62 years of age or older or disabled, you will receive a low-income electric rate discount even if most of your heating energy comes from another energy company.  First, call the agency in your area to apply.